Inmarsat I-4 and I-5 Satellite Coverage
Alphasat and Inmarsat-4 satellites
Following the full deployment of the Inmarsat-4 (I-4) satellite constellation in 2009, a further three satellite regions were created over the Earth’s major landmasses.
- I-4 F1 Asia-Pacific, at 143.5 degrees East
- I-4 F2 EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), at 63.9 degrees East
- I-4 F3 Americas, at 98.4 degrees West
Alphasat was launched in 2013 to supplement the I-4 network, at 24.9 degrees East.
The Inmarsat-5 (I-5) satellites power our high-speed Global Xpress broadband service. Launched between 2013-2015, the constellation of three satellites covers the following regions:
- I-5 F1 EMEA, at 63 degrees East
- I-5 F2 Americans and Atlantic Ocean Region, at 55 degrees West
- I-5 F3 Pacific Ocean Region, at 179 degrees East
Posted in: Coverage Maps