My Thuraya satellite phone is unable to make or place calls
- Check your mobile phone’s display to make sure that the mobile phone is switched on. If the mobile phone does not display in-formation on its screen, check if the battery is fully charged and properly installed.
- Check that the SIM card is not damaged and is correctly installed in your mobile phone.
- Check that you have dialed the number correctly.
- Satellite mobile phones should have a clear view of the sky. If you are inside a building, tunnel, or other structure that limits your view of the sky, the satellite signal may be weak or unavailable.
- To check signal strength, access the menu and follow the prompts on the display. The higher the number of bars displayed on your mobile phone, the better the signal.
- In SAT mode make a manual SAT Registration with the menu item Network > SAT Registration.
- Check that the mobile phone is switched to the proper mode.
- Check that the correct SIM card PIN has been entered. For your security, the SIM card is blocked if an incorrect PIN is entered three times consecutively.
- Check that outgoing calls are not barred. If barring is enabled, cancel the bar by referring to section ’Security settings’.
- Check that the antenna is fully extended. The antenna should point towards the satellite with a clear view to the sky.
Posted in: Thuraya