How does TCP / IP Services work with Hughes 9201 BGAN satellite phone?
- This section lists the general features of the HNS-9201 terminal.
- The HNS-9201 Satellite Phone supports up to 11 local addresses that may be dynamically assigned via the UT DHCP server or statically assigned by the user.
- The HNS-9201 NAT is supported on three interfaces; Ethernet, Wireless LAN and USB.
- The dynamic local addresses assigned via DHCP will be in the IP address range starting from 192.168.128.101.
- The HNS-9201 will support static IP addresses in the range from 192.168.128.1 through 192.168.128.100.
- NEW FEATURE The HNS-9201 will allow the user to configure whether or not a background PDP Context is automatically started for IP addresses in the range of 192.168.128.101 through 192.168.128.199 (via the ACA parameter).
- NEW FEATURE The HNS-9201 will automatically activate a PDP Context for IP addresses in the range of 192.168.128.200 through 192.168.128.249 [see 1.1.7: Automatic Context Activation] with varying Quality of Service (QoS).
- The “global” or “network” IP address will be dynamically assigned by the BGAN UMTS Network or the Distribution Partners PoP. The global IP addresses can be in any subnet and each address may be in a different subnet.
- A static global IP address can also be used with the terminal for applications where a constant Internet address is needed for something like a web server or video streaming box. The Distribution Partner(DP)/Service Provider (SP) has to issue these static global addresses. Note: If the DP/SP uses private IP addressing at their Point-of-Presence (PoP), they will be responsible to assign a static mapping between the private static address and the Public static IP address. See diagram 1 below.
- During normal operations, PDP contexts may be set up or torn down which means that the global addresses may come and go dynamically.
- The HNS-9201 NAT supports FTP, H.323, ICMP and VPN (IDE, ESP, GRE, L2TP, PPTP) with ALG’s or other NAT code modifications as necessary.
- Multicast traffic is supported.
Posted in: Hughes 9201